Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Baking Cookies...

...again. Sam requested Oatmeal Raisin cookies. Yep, same recipe as before. I made all of them with raisins since I was out of chocolate chips. I confess. I am a chocoholic. I have a small plastic cup that probably holds 1/4 cup. I raid the chocolate chips. No small children live in my home. Jonathan moved out years ago. Sam tolerates chocolate, but it is not his favorite...see Note below. With no one else in the house...I am the only one I can blame when the chocolate runs out.

Once again, the cookies lasted only a couple of days! I shared them with my mother. Elton and Carol had a few. Alas, Sam and I devoured the majority. He normally doesn't eat that many sweets, but I swear that he has been inhaling them!

Note: Before Sam and I married, I asked him if he liked chocolate. He said, "Not really." I seriously considered calling the marriage off. I fully believe that you can not fully trust someone who says that they do not care for chocolate. He said, "I'll stay out of yours."

Okay! Sounds like a great relationship.

Except - He LIED!!!

The year after our marriage Sam, Jonathan, and I hooked up to the camper and went to Colorado for vacation. Did you know that Montrose Colorado is the home of a Russell Stover candy factory? And that out front, they have a factory store? With candy, candy, candy! The majority of which is C H O C O L A T E???!!! I spend $40 - $50 every time we visit which is about once a year. That first visit I purchased bags and bags of Pecan Delights...pecans, caramel, and - yep, you guessed it - C H O C O L A T E!!! Whenever we would eat a meal in the camper, I would be nice and polite and offer ONE of my Pecan Delights to Sam and Jonathan. I thought I would be losing only ONE with each offer...Jonathan likes chocolate too. To my absolute horror Sam held his hand out. Not for ONE, but he wanted TWO! TWO of MY Pecan Delights with pecans, caramel, and C H O C O L A T E!!! I was dumb-founded.
I was right. You absolutely can NOT trust someone who says that they don't care for chocolate much.

1 comment:

Cherry said...

HI Sherry, I can totally relate to your horror!! Alas my entire family with the exception of my eldest Adam are chocoholics, I've been known to work my way through an entire block of Cadbury without any help - but our family favourites are from an Aussie owned company "Haigs" - It must be on the list of "things to do before I die" - sample Haigs Chocolates!!

Cherry (from the land of Oz)