Saturday, September 26, 2009

Motorcycle For Sale

Yeppers. As bad as I hate to post this...the motorcycle in the header to my blog (above) is for sale.

I've tried. But after a year...when I'm still having to psych myself up to get on the bike and make two or three runs to the bathroom before getting on it... As I was getting dressed this morning I finally had a talk with myself. "Self," I said. "If this is bothering you so much, why do it?!" I got online and checked the resale price of the bike...when Sam came back in from doing a chore before we could head out, I told him that I was selling the bike.

Today I rode with him...beautiful ride to Paris, then on to Powderly. But the trip back reminded me why I wanted to ride my own. That pillion (passenger seat on a motorcycle) leaves a lot to be desired for comfort. By the time I got back home, my butt was numb (both cheeks), my right knee was hurting, and my ankle stayed sore for over an hour...only an hour and a half return trip...

When I first told Sam that I wanted my own bike, I asked for a second-hand Honda Shadow...in other words, something not over 750 cc. He bought me a 1584 cc bike weighing over 750 pounds. I just never got comfortable with it.

I don't know if I would've been comfortable with the smaller bike -- Sam's convinced I wouldn't but now we'll never know. (I can tell you that the 250cc Yamaha that I had 25+ years ago was a BLAST!)

So...if anyone's interested in the bike, give me a shout!

1 comment:

lesthook said...

My sister is selling her Harley too. Her hubby insisted she needed it And she has ridden it 2 or 3 times in 3 years. He was deployed during part of that time but still.