Monday, October 7, 2013

Easy Bread Recipe

I was informed by Tisme that I had not posted the recipe for the bread mentioned in a couple of my previous posts. Here it is:

Easy Bread

3 cups flour
1/2 teaspoon yeast (I use more like 3/4 teaspoon)
1 1/2 teaspoon salt
1 1/2 cup water

Mix all. Dough will be shaggy. Spray or wipe some oil on a piece of plastic wrap. Press on top of dough and leave on countertop 12 - 18 hours.

When you are ready to bake it, flour your hands and scoop it out on a floured surface. Very lightly knead the dough. Leave it on the floured surface and cover with a towel. After 30 minutes turn your oven to 450 degrees and put your cast iron pot and lid in the oven for 30 minutes. After the cast iron has heated, remove from oven and gently dump dough into the pot; cover with a lid and return to oven. Bake with lid on for 30 minutes. Remove lid and bake an additional 15 minutes or until browned enough.

Somewhere I have photos of my newest cast iron purchases. When I find the photos, I will post them.

1 comment:

Martha said...

I like easy bread recipes although I've not tried this one but I make mine in a clay roaster and it makes a nice loaf! I may have to try yours. I assume it works with Le Creuset?