It has over 350 hours of hand quilting...that unfortunately doesn't show very well on the backing.
It does show in this unfortunate block. Blood from being poked with the needle. Tomorrow I will pretreat and wash it.
I put this in the quilt frame April 2007! Can't believe I quilted a whole-cloth quilt in 11 months and this one took over two years...eye roll...
Edited: Thanks to everyone for advice. I did use hydrogen peroxide when the bleed first happened and thought the blood was out. I waited for the bleeding to stop, then sat back down to quilt again. Unfortunately, I didn't wait long enough and the first time that finger rubbed the fabric, the bleeding started again...in earnest. I spread a line of blood across that area. So, I daubed on more hydrogen peroxide. Evidently just enough to force it into the batting where it didn't resurface until a while after I'd rolled that completed section of the quilt under. While unrolling it to show off my stitching to someone, I noticed the blob. Treated it yet again with hydrogen peroxide and let it dry. When the 'rust' showed up again, I got disgusted. That was one of the times I didn't touch it for a couple/three months when I should've quilted every chance I had so that I could get it out of the frame and washed.