Friday, July 3, 2009

Scrubs

Here's that too short scrub top Jonathan didn't want a 'skirt' sewn onto the bottom to make it longer. It doesn't look bad to me. I'll get it in the mail today or Monday with the matching shorts. I didn't have enough fabric for pants. He said he could wear the longer shorts to work.

I sat out on the front porch early one morning. A female cardinal was munching away at the feeder. I could hear her pop the seeds. I didn't move until she flew off. As soon as she was gone, I went in the house for the camera. She never returned.

So...I took the fern down. The baby birds had already flown the nest.

But the hummingbirds were fluttering around and fighting over the feeder. EVERY TIME they landed, they were on the back side. Can you see the flutter of a wing just to the left?...

1 comment:

Shogun said...

I see the wing! We have several fuschias by the front screened porch and get a hummingbird show every day. I have never tried to take a photo of them, though. Maybe I should try. Don't you love the "squeak" sound they make?