Saturday, May 21, 2011

Sigh

Some office painting was going on last week...beginning on Tuesday and ending Friday. Da Judge's office, mine, and the both sides of the doors going into the commissioners' courtroom (that wall has wood looking stuff in there that was not painted).

I did real good staying out of the painters' way. With four telephones to choose from...I just moved from one to the other to the other...as they prepped, trimmed, painted, etc. I even sat out in the hall a couple of times because so much was going on in the offices.

I managed to stay out of the paint until Friday. Thank goodness I was wearing a pair of black 'khaki'-style slacks that weren't too new...and not any of my "bought for the new job" clothes. I did not know that I had brushed a door facing until I was walking back across the hall to my office and felt someone brush my butt. Turned and saw the treasurer with a grin on her face. She pointed, I looked. Paint. eyeroll

After supper Friday I decided I wanted a scoop of Blue Bell Homemade Vanilla flavor ice cream with a squirt of chocolate syrup and a sprinkle of black walnuts. Sometime later while reading, I looked down and saw a drip of chocolate syrup on my WHITE blouse. I washed clothes this morning. The paint had dried and was set...I pretreated the blouse but it came out of the washer with a brown spot on it. So I hung it over the drying rack and will tackle it again later.

Sigh...

Son did not report to me...but I did find out on Facebook that they were paid...

No comments: