Monday, October 26, 2009

Seems to Be Slowing Down...

Even though I worked the library today...will all week...and stopped by Mama's twice, things seemed slower. Marilyn checked her this morning before she left for work. I almost had to roll a patron to the door in a rolling chair from the computer area and boot her out for lunch. Sheesh! I made a quick trip to Mama's and got her lunch set out. She asked for the chicken salad, some orange salad*, a slice of apple, and she got her own drink. Kissed her on the check. Back in the 4-Runner to meet Sam in town at Hawkins...about the only thing I eat there is a fish sandwich... it has REAL fried catfish fillets on the bun with cheese and tartar sauce...not a frozen breaded fish square.

After work, I made a run to the grocery store for my groceries...then back to Mama's. She was ready for another shower...and once again asked for chicken salad, etc.

Tomorrow is another day...

Oh...the orange salad...

1 pkg. orange Jello
1 tub Cool Whip
8 ounces cottage cheese
1 can Mandarin orange slices, drained (sometimes I use 2 cans...love 'em!!)

Take a dry package of Jello...do not add the water. Mix it with the Cool Whip and cottage cheese. Stir well to incorporate the Jello powder. Add the Mandarin oranges. Stir. Refrigerate.

You can use sugar-free Jello and (if you like it) the sugar free and/or fat free Cool Whip. You can also use different flavors of Jello and different canned fruits...

2 comments:

Shogun said...

That reminds me of a similar meal we used to be fed as kids....it was lime green jello (made with the hot water), pineapple chunks and walnuts, and cream cheese. When partially cooled it was all stirred up into a crazy mess. We liked it, of course, because we grew up on it. My husband HATED it and would gag just looking at it. Many years ago when we were first together he had done something that made me kinda mad. My mother had no idea he didn't like it, so I said he loved it and that he wanted an extra portion. So she brought him a huge plate of it and he was too polite to not eat it. Kinda mean, huh?

Gloria P. said...

Hi Sherry, how r u? Not sure I would like that jello either.....!!! lol