I can't believe she did this today after I've had a couple of COW (Cranky Old Woman) posts in a very short time. LOL But...Penny over at Penny Quilts (and I can't do those links the way she does, so you may have to copy and paste): http://pennyquilts.blogspot.com/ . Anyway, Penny shared her Sunshine Award with ME! I inspire her with positivity (hahahaha) and creativity (I try). Oh. Perhaps I need to leave the actual quote: “bloggers who inspire others with positivity and creativity.” Part of the rules for accepting the award is to pass it on to 12 other bloggers and Penny included me on her list. Thanks, Penny!! She accused Suzanne, who passed the award to her, of being a closet drinker. Penny doesn't bother going into a closet. ;o) She's bold as brass!
I've enjoyed Penny's blog ever since I stumbled across it. Not only is she a great traditional quilter, but now she is dabbling in art quilts. I've followed the posts while she was a child's advocate (sorry if I've forgotten the exact title). What some people do to their own children while claiming to love them...shaking head. And she dealt with it on a day-to-day basis. I have followed the antics and heart breaks of her Samoyeds. I was so excited when she got to move back home to Oklahoma...back to her God's country.
The rules for accepting the award are:
1. Put the logo on your blog or within your post.
2. Pass the award to 12 bloggers.
3. Link the nominees within your post.
4. Let them know they received this award by commenting on their blog.
5. Share the love and link to the person from whom you received this award.
Now I've got to find something nice to say about 12 bloggers. This may be hard. ;)
1. Martha in her little house on the prairie http://www.linesfromlinderhof.com/ . I am sooo envious of her creativity in her house and garden. She can cook like nobody's business. My sister-in-law, Carol, would get along great with Martha as long as Martha checked out the pockets sewn inside Carol's coat...they both collect blue and white dishes.
2. Kar http://karsdownhomebliss.blogspot.com/ likes fabrics and yarns. She cooks too!
3. Jessica at http://jessicasews-imsewhappy.blogspot.com/ is one of my idols. What this woman can do with fabric is absolutely amazing!
4. Allie http://alliesinstitches.blogspot.com/ is the CQ (crazy quilting) queen. I will never, ever in my entire life be able to create the pretties that she turns out.
5. Nicki Lee is a CQer too, http://cqnickilee.blogspot.com/ but I nominate her as the lace dying/hand painting queen. I fully intend to purchase some lace in her Etsy shop. I'm mad at her though. I didn't win her blog giveaway. sniff
6. Lani at http://golanigo.blogspot.com/ ...well...I don't know how creative Lani is...Hmmm...OH! She creates GREAT BS! hahaha She's not afraid to goof off in front of a camera. And she knows no shame (check out her post on Cracker Ass).
7. Glo, aka Gloria, aka a Hooker! I kid you not!! http://gloria-uncinetto.blogspot.com/ Gloria is my displaced Massachusettesiteian. Whew...I went cross-eyed with that one. She's now in San Antonio with her husband's job. Something happened when she moved to Texas. She stopped cooking! At least she stopped posting delicious recipes. But she's still showing off her crocheted items.
8. Bea has a heart as big as Texas. http://www.pigtalesandquilts.com/ And she likes pigs of all sorts and shapes.
9. Tammy likes Harleys! http://tismeisme.blogspot.com/ Both of our husbands have one. She's a quilter and an embroiderer too.
10. My Australian sister Cherry http://cperryman.blogspot.com/ and I have so much in common! Even though she's not a quilter. I found her blog, Life's a Beach, one day while blog surfing. She had a photo of her two of her grand daughters in the masthead of her blog. The girls were in their bathing suits...sitting on the beach...looking out toward the ocean. Cherry took the photo from behind the girls. I fell in love with them! She takes gorgeous photos. Of course, with three little girls and one little boy...she's got great subjects!
11. Brin over at http://messythrillinglife.blogspot.com/ is definitely deserving of a reward. This sweet child (she's several years younger than me) knits, sews, and tried her hand at restoring an old house that my grandmother once lived in.
12. Bingo Bonnie http://bingobonnie.blogspot.com/ is SUPER WOMAN! Bonnie is a quilter, chauffeur, chief cook and bottle washer. She has...are you ready for this? A five-year old daughter and two toddler TWINS...one of each! (Yeah, I know 'two' and 'twins' are the same thing...flow with me here would ya?) She constantly...and I do mean all of the time! is working on a new quilt! I do NOT know how she does it!
So, there's my twelve. They really weren't that hard to choose! Thanks to all of you for being my blogging friends!