Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Why Stop...

...if there's no stop sign? Sigh. Poor old lady. I was at my stop sign. She stopped and waited for me to cross. Riiiighhht. And if she accidently stomped on her accelerator and plowed into me...guess whose fault that would've been?! I waved her on and she turned left...the exact same direction I was headed by going straight. She stopped at every intersection. Never mind that she had the right-of-way and no stop signs. THEN! At the post office, a vehicle was backing out inch by inch. She swung out in the oncoming lane and stomped on her accelerator. The guy driving the other car did stop...but it seemed to have scared the pee-waddle outta him. He pulled back in until I got passed him...only for me to see her stop at the non-existent stop sign at that intersection. I slowly drove along while I watched to see if she actually stopped at the sign on the street she turned on. LOL She did...but I really did not expect her too. Poor darling.

Speaking of poor darlin's. A government agency rents an office from the Chamber. As you can imagine, due to privacy laws, her door remains closed 98% of the day. She asked me to come listen to a voice message...she could not understand it. I realized that the lady was crying. Every so often I could grasp a phrase. The poor lady is burning up. She can't even sleep at night. She didn't know how much more she could take. Our overnight temps are hovering near 80 now. Yesterday it was 104.4 at my house at 6 p.m. Poor darlin'. She's already been in and given her information and the paper work has been submitted...but 'it' just doesn't happen overnight. And around here, there's just really no place to go hibernate for a few hours while it's so hot. No mall to sit in. No matinee at the movie theatre. Made me want to invite her to my home. I suggested that she call her boss and play the message for her/him.
Jonathan got home just fine...without incident. Well...he had one incident. Between Diboll and Shepherd on Hwy 59 he passed a pickup and noticed a BMW motorcycle in the bed. He'd no sooner pulled back in his lane that the pickup sped up and pulled along side him. He looked over and the guy was saying something and motioning for Jonathan to pull over. Jonathan thought that they were going to talk about BMWs. Well. They did. The guy had burned the motor up in his bike, and it was old enough that he was taking it to sell for salvage. He noticed Jonathan's milk crate zip tied to his luggage rack with his backpack and stuff in it and a small cargo net stretched over the top. The guy said that he wouldn't get any more for his bike with or without the 'trunk.' They cut the zip ties off the milk crate and cut or took the bolts off the trunk mount. Placed the trunk on the luggage rack. Filled it with the stuff Jonathan had in the milk crate and set the milk crate on top of the trunk. Then they took the cargo net and stretched it over all to secure it. Jonathan was given a trunk with the keys. The BMW trunks run $480 - $920 depending on size. Jonathan's new trunk is an in-between size. He is tickled pink. Oh wait...he's a guy and probably doesn't get tickled pink. He is very, very happy.
I haven't posted a photo in like...forever! Here's one I copied that the local museum had. The lady said that they were told that the lady of the house kept flowers out all the time. This is one of those grand homes that no longer exists. This town has lost way too many old homes because of neglect.

No comments: