Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Ta-Da!!

Twelve pounds. Let me repeat myself...

TWELVE POUNDS!!!! It's about time!

This has been such slow going...but I'm jump starting it again this week. Can I tell you how busy I am?...which leads to how tired I am!! ZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzz

Last week I just flat did not sleep very well. If I went to bed at 10 p.m., I would wake at 5 a.m. So....I would go to bed sometime between 11 and midnight. It worked pretty good for the week, but I did run out of steam over the weekend. Especially by Sunday. We had Sam's family reunion Saturday...we do the putting it together here in town. Then on Sunday Carol and I drove to Corinth...a three hour drive...for the baby shower.

Then...Monday night. LEG CRAMPS!!!! I had been asleep about 30 minutes or so when something woke me. I couldn't go back to sleep so sat up, played Mahjong on the computer, listened to an audio book. Got back in bed about 2:30 or 3 a.m. The next thing that I am aware of...charley horse in my right calf like you would NOT believe! Where's the rusty butcher knife? Cut the leg off at the knee! Anesthesia not necessary! Where's the potassium?!!! ALMOST OUT OF POTASSIUM...not only in my body evidently, but also the bottle. Then...the alarm went off at 6:45 a.m.

I was a zombie yesterday. A friend commented about how tired I looked. Ha-HA! I worked all day then went to the building where the community stew is going to be served and helped set up...Chamber of Commerce work for Daingerfield Days. The dinner is tonight...so another long day.

Needless to say, I won't be going to the gym any this week!

2 comments:

Florida Farm Girl said...

Congratulations on the weight loss, girl!!! Would you send me some of your determination so I could START the process?? I seem to stay busy these days, but nary an ounce disappears. Hang in there!!!!

elsie123 said...

Terrific work...another 2 pounds!

Been there done that with the charley horse. Those things hurt like crazy. I recommend Gatorade. It replenishes what you're lacking, and I get quick relief with it. The hardest part is getting to the point that I can walk to get to the refrigerator or cabinet. But hey, Sam's good for that I'm sure! Seriously, get some Gatorade to keep on hand.