Monday, October 27, 2008

Invitation to Supper

I worked at the library today while Earlene took her mother to a scheduled doctor's visit. About 4:30 I received a call from my sister-in-law inviting me to a supper of homemade beef stew. Well, yes! Sam was already there helping his brother, Elton, stub out the plumbing for a new metal building. (We are getting one built too, smaller and less plumbing. Sam already has his plumbing done, and the foundation people will be working the concrete for us tomorrow.)

When I got there and saw dessert, I asked for half a bowl of stew and half a slice of cornbread so that I could have a whole slice of brownie! Ah! Chocolate! One of the top necessary food categories! ;o)

2 comments:

elsie123 said...

We've hit the weather for stew, so I'm sure it was yummy! I'm thinking chicken and dumplings sounds pretty good too. And of course, anytime is good for the chocolate!

Alison Mayes said...

Thanks for visiting my blog! I just moved to North Vernon in May after I married my husband but I asked him and he says that he knows them. It is a small world!