Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Hot as...



...well, you get the idea! When we got through Monday afternoon about 4 p.m., the thermometer had 103 degrees! This afternoon at 4 p.m. as I walked in the house the outside thermometer had 100 degrees. A cool spell. Argghhh!

I've been helping Sam in his building. The plywood walls are all installed. Sam is cutting trim for the windows. I got outside in time to hold the last piece in place. ;o) Great timing!
Umm...this looks like a knife from my kitchen...

Next on the To Do list...frame out for the potty/shower room.

Yep. It's small. Just large enough for a shower stall on the left and a commode on the right. I think the 'footprint' is about 4' x 8'. Sam hammering in the last nail on the 'rafter.'

The shop sink (a tub on legs) will be on the outside behind the shower wall.

I'll get up early in the morning for another raid on Mama's garden. Then back home to help Sam put plywood sheeting on the outside of the potty room.

AND, the intense heat is supposed to let up a bit with a chance or two for rain. I'll be doing my rain dance.

Oh! I made a neck cooler. And it works! One of those strips of fabric sewn into a tube with the polywhatever crystals in it. It's amazing how a teaspoon and a half of those things swell to a big fat sausage! I'll have to make another and post a tutorial...although they are all over the web...

7 comments:

Holee said...

It's 5am, 48 degrees. I'm sitting here wrapped in a quilt. It's not right, it's not right...you get all the nice hot summer :(

elsie123 said...

I take it you're also ready for a break in this heat??? 83 degrees at 5:00 a.m. is just not right!

elsie123 said...

I forgot to say, the shop is looking great. We had one several years ago, and of course it was hubby's man cave. Not a bad thing!

Shogun said...

I would be whining at 100 degrees!!!

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

It hasn't been near as hot here in my part of Arkansas - we are on the edge of the heat area. Yesterday we had rain and it cooled it off to 84! wonderful - today though will be a different story from what the news says - I think 96 for here?
Karen
http://karensquilting.com/blog/

Chris Daly said...

Yikes that's hot. I hope it cools off for you soon. We have a tractor just like that on our little farm.

Canarella said...

Hello waitning for the lesson on neck thingie......nice room get that god damn knife back for gosh sakes......